I was tagged by fellow food blogger Kimbie
of Chocolate-Chip Kimbie
to name my 10 most favorite foods. This "You Are What You Eat" meme was started by Kalyn
of Kalyn's Kitchen.
On another note, it's time for the 2005 Food Blog Awards
, so go nominate your favorites!
OK, here are my favorite foods :)
- I love all things seasoned with garlic. There isn't much I wouldn't add garlic too. I love it sliced and just sauted in a little olive oil. Yum!
- On eggs, to dip with chips, on tacos, on beef or chicken... I adore the taste of a good salsa.
- Chocolate bars, chocolate cream pie, chocolate ice cream, brownies... you get the idea :)
- I have been passionate about cheese ever since I was a child. I love just about any variety served in just about any way I can get it. Warm, gooey, melted cheese... ahhhh!
- Blueberries always remind me of my mom, she has always loved blueberry pie and when I was a little girl she had blueberry tea which I always loved. Now I eat blueberries in my oatmeal, in smoothies and love to drink blueberry juice.
- Crunchy and sweet, pecans are so good in all sweets, especially chocolate chip cookies.
- I could eat pasta every day and never get tired of it. I especially love pasta salads. For hot pastas ravioli is my favorite. I really want to learn to make my own.
- I know how bad bacon is for my health but I just LOVE it anyway :) I have switched to turkey bacon in recent years but every once in a while I still sneak a piece of the real thing (shh! don't tell anyone - hee hee).
- My favorite time of year is strawberry season. I usually just slice them, sprinkle with a little sugar, toss and drizzle with sweetened condensed milk or honey... oh my!
- I always stop by the roadside stands and buy big sacks of oranges from the people selling them out of the back of their trucks... they are so juicy and sweet. They never last long around our house.