Dec 23, 2005

A New Look!

If you visit me here regularly I'm sure you've noticed that I have been tinkering around with the look of the blog quite a bit lately. I really wanted to have a format that is easier on the eyes and have been tossing around a few ideas. I think I am finally finished so please comment and let me know what you think of the "new and improved" look! A HUGE thanks to Jen over at The Domestik Goddess for helping me with my remodeling. I am not the most savvy person when it comes to web design and her knowledge has been invaluable to me.

Tonight I have a big pile of Christmas gifts and several rolls of wrapping paper to tackle. Plus I have a cake to bake and many vegetables to cut up for the "Mexican Feast" I am preparing for tomorrow (hoping to have leftovers for Christmas Day as well so we can relax and not have to cook. So, tonight it will be a simple meal. I think just about every family I know makes some version of this recipe. It happens to be one of my husband's favorites.

Chili Mac

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
dash cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1 c. small elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
1 small can tomato sauce
shredded cheese (any will work well, I prefer to use sharp cheddar)

Cook ground beef, with onion and bell pepper in a large skillet. Drain off grease. Stir in spices, tomato sauce and macaroni. Top with cheese and cover to allow cheese to melt.

NOTE: Since I freeze diced bell peppers of different colors, I use a little of each color for added flavor and eye appeal. This is very good served with nice crusty bread and topped with sour cream and diced scallions.

7 comments:

Susanne said...

Hi Michele,
love the new look.
This recipe looks so much better than the box of cheesburger hamburger helper I fixed last night:)
I'll have to try your recipe next week.

Susanne
Healthy Menu Mailer

Kalyn said...

I think you've done a very nice job with the template changes. I've been wanting to change to a 3 column format myself, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I like what you have done.

Michele said...

Susanne, it really is better than the boxed stuff! Plus you can season it to suite your family's tastes.

Kalyn, thank you! I might be able to help with your columns, let me take a look at your blog and I will get back in touch if I can figure it out. I had a lot of help with mine.

Joe said...

Template looks good!

Michele said...

Thanks Joe :) That tiny font and all those dots were making my eyes buggy, LOL!

Christine said...

Michele,
It is sooo much better! Great job!
Christine
Dine Without Whine

Michele said...

Thanks Christine :)