Since the last couple of days have been leftover nights for us for dinner, I thought I'd add another lunch idea today. Tuna Pasta is not so much a recipe than it is a concept. I love pasta and love tuna so I use those two items along with other kitchen staples to create a nice satisfying sort of pasta salad of sorts. My three year old loves this dish and often requests "tuna pasta", hence the name :)
My usual ingredients include :
- about 1/3 of a lb. of uncooked pasta
- 1 small can of tuna, drained
- a handful of minced vegetables - cucumbers, scallions, carrots, bell peppers, pickles, olives... just whatever I have on hand.
- mayonnaise, ranch dressing, Italian dressing, oil and vinegar or any combination of these
- spices - salt, pepper, dill weed, basil, parsley, paprika or anything else that strikes my fancy.
- cheese - a sprinkle of Parmesan, a grating of cheddar, a few small strips of Swiss... whatever is on hand.
I cook the pasta al dente then drain. Mix in the tuna and vegetables then mix in enough mayonnaise and/or salad dressing to moisten it well. Season to taste. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle with more chopped veggies if desired. Serve with crackers. The prefect lunch! The above makes about 2 servings.
Ha, I've always loved tuna and pasta. It seems to gross some people out but it's a great crutch when you're running low on the groceries at home :) have you tried mac and cheese with tuna?
Mona, I love mac and cheese with tuna but my kids hate it... they usually win but once in a while I get my way :)
Post a Comment