Oct 6, 2005

Quick Mexican

We had a really long day today so creativity was definitely in order for dinner. I had bought a London Broil last week so thawed that out and put in the crock pot with some Goya Adobo Seasoning and some chili powder and two diced potatoes. I set it on low and let it go for about 5 hours. When we got back home I removed the fat from it, shredded it with a fork and made burritos with it. In the burritos I also put a little cheese and home made refried beans. Served this with Spanish rice. It was a good quick meal.

For the refried beans I warmed up some leftover pinto beans I had cooked yesterday. Once they were warm I mashed them with a potato masher and stirred in a little milk, some shredded cheese and a dash of chili powder.

Here is the recipe for the Spanish Rice.

Spanish Rice

1 c. uncooked long grain rice
3 c. water
1 tsp. beef bullion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. canola oil

Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add rice and spices, stir until fragrant. Add water. Bring to a boil, reduce to low and cover. Cook about 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is fluffy.

No comments: