Oct 22, 2005

Simple Caramel Icing

My babies wanted cupcakes today so we made up a chocolate cake mix to satisfy their craving. While the cupcakes were in the stove I made up a simple icing for them. It turned out really good!

Simple Caramel Icing

1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt

In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, milk, and butter. Stirring constantly; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Let cool to lukewarm. Beat until creamy and thick enough to spread. If too thick, add a little more milk or a small amount of cream.

2 comments:

Lady Amalthea said...

These sound really good. I'm really enjoying your blog--nice easy, healthy recipes. Definitely what I need more of in my life!

Michele said...

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the recipes :)