Oct 27, 2005

Greek Chicken

Peering into the refrigerator, I realized that I want to try something new tomorrow night. I just pulled out one of my favorite crock pot cook books, Fix It And Forget It Lightly by Phyllis Pellman, and I think I will make Greek Chicken. This is one of those recipes that actually makes your mouth water when you smell it cooking. It’s delicious! I have made a few revisions to the recipe… here’s my version:

Greek Chicken

6 potatos, quartered
3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken or a whole chicken, cut up and skinned
2 large onions, quartered
1 whole bulb garlic, minced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and quartered
½ c. water
3 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Juice of ½ a lemon
1 small can sliced or whole pitted black olives (optional)
1 red bell pepper, sliced (optional)

Put potatos in bottom of crock pot. Add chicken, onions, garlic. In a small bowl, wisk oregano, sale pepper, water and olive oil. Pour mixture over chicken and potatos. Cover and cook on high for 5 – 6 hours or low for 9 – 10 hours.

No comments: