Oct 12, 2005

Crock Pot Chili

It's getting a little cooler in the evenings which always makes me think of a nice warm bowl of chili. Mine is simmering right now and smells SO GOOD...can't wait 'till it's done!

Crock Pot Chili

1 lbs. ground beef
1 c. dry pinto beans or kindey beans (cooked)
3. c. water (or cooking liquid from beans)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
3 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. oregano
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1-2 tsp. salt
pinch of brown sugar

Brown ground beef, drain. Add all ingredients to crock pot. Allow to simmer 6 hours on low. Serve topped with cheese and sour cream, with rice or crackers on the side.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ran across your blog while surfing food/recipe blogs. I'm also on a quest to keep my grocery bill to a minimum although your budget is lower than mine. I aim for $100 per week and most of the time make it fine.

Your chili recipe has inspired me. It's just starting to feel like chili weather here in Missouri and time for me to create my next four weeks worth of dinner menus. I'm thinking of putting chili on the list!

Michele said...

Gald you enjoyed the recipe! It sure is chili weather! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe...so far yours looks the most reasonable for food items I have. I'll have to give it a try.

Michele said...

Thanks! I really try to stick to pantry staples in my recipes without compromising the taste :) If you try it let me know how you like it.