Nov 9, 2005

Spinach Veggie Dip and Garlic Pita Chips

My girls and I are going to a homeschool meeting tomorrow. These meetings are usually potluck and we usually all bring appetizers. This is what we are taking tomorrow.

Spinach Veggie Dip

1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. ranch dressing
1/2 c. mayonaise
1 envelope onion soup mix
3 scallions, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. minced shallots
1 stalk celery, minced
1 carrot, peeled and grated
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. pepper

Drain spinach then put it in white paper towels and squeeze dry. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.

Garlic Pita Chips

1 package pita bread
Garlic salt
Olive oil

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut each pita into sixths then split each piece into two. Lay pieces, outer side down on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. When cool, store in an airtight container.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me! But I have to laugh, because the dip is my husband's worst nightmare: he hates mayo, sour cream, any creamy dressing, cream cheese, etc. So this is definitely a recipe I could torture him with. But me? I'd go for seconds!

Michele said...

I say make it, then there's more for you :)

Dawna said...

I love pita chips. You can make the same sort of "chips" from flour tortillas, and they're much nicer than store-bought baked (corn) tortilla chips.

I use a spritzer to lightly coat them, which keeps the oil to a minimum, and helps the spices stick to them. Try ground cumin sprinkled on them instead of (or in addition to) garlic salt. Delicious!

Michele said...

Love your idea for the oven bakes corn chips, I will have to give those a try!