Nov 11, 2005

Restaurant Style Teriyaki Sauce

The other night I finally made the Chicken Katsu my daughter has been asking for. It turned out really well, although a couple of the pieces were still pink inside. I found a quick solution. I wrapped each piece in paper towels and microwaved for 2 minutes each. The breading was still perfectly crunchy and the middles were done to perfection. Today I found a new method for cooking the chicken. I think I will try it next time. Dawna from Always In The Kitchen bakes hers and it sounds so much easier and less greasy. Can't wait to give it a try!

I have really been searching for a new recipe for teriyaki sauce. The one I have been using is ok, but I was looking for that thick, rich mouthwatering sauce you find in restaurants. Here is the recipe I came up with based on one I found on Recipezaar.com. It is perfect and went great with our meal.

Restaurant Style Teriyaki Sauce

1/4 c. soy sauce
1 c. water
1 tbsp. orange juice
2 Tbsp pineapple juice
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
5 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp corn starch
1/4 c. cold water
dash of pepper squeeze of lime juice

Mix everything except the corn starch and 1/4 c. cold water in a sauce pan. Begin to heat, meanwhile dissolve the corn starch into the cold water. Slowly drizzle the corn starch mixture into the heating ingredients while whisking constantly. continue to whisk while heating to a boil until desired thickness is reached.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks--hubby loves teriyaki sauce!

Michele said...

Hope he enjoys it lisasd, it's great!