Mar 30, 2006

Mexican Corn Bread


Tonight for dinner I made Arroz Con Pollo and decided to try a recipe I found for Mexican corn bread. My mom used to make it a lot when we were growing up. This recipe was "almost" as good as my mom's. ;)

Mexican Corn Bread

2 eggs
1/4 c. canola oil
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. shredded Cloby-Jack cheese
1 (8 oz). can creamed corn
1 small can green chilis, drained
1 c. cornmeal
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 in. square baking dish. Combine dry ingredients then add wet ingredients and mix well. Pour batter into prepared pan and if desired sprinkle with more shredded cheese. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try this cornbread! Thanks for the recipe!

Paz

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!I've been hunting a good recipe for this.Thanks!

Michele said...

Paz, let me know you you like it!

Emily, glad you found me... and the recipe! :)

Kate, I'm so glad you found me here and hope you will enjoy the recipe!