Mar 15, 2006

Brunch Goodies

Stephanie over at Dispensing Happiness hosts a really cool monthly blog event called Blog Party. It's a virtual cocktail party for foodies to get together and enjoy some fun, food and recipes. When I saw the theme for this month I knew I had to drop by. A "Brunch" cocktail party? What fun! Here are the goodies I whipped up for the event...

Oatmeal Banana Smoothie

1 frozen banana
3/4 c. vanilla soy milk
1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
1/2 c. maple flavored yogurt
2 Tbsp. honey

Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Makes two "cocktail size" servings.


Bacon Parmesan English Muffins

2 English muffins, split and buttered
2 slices turkey bacon (or regular bacon) cooked, drained and cut in half
Fresh Parmesan or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved

Broil English muffins in oven or toaster oven until lightly toasted. Add two half bacon slices and several shaving of cheese to each then return to broiler until cheese melts. Serve warm. Makes 2 servings.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Michele!

Your drink sounds so good, and darn it all; you manage to be kind of healthy, too! How do you do that?

And your muffins are perfect...exactly my kind of dish!

Thanks for coming to the party!

Wai Mun said...

Hi there!

Let me introduce myself, I'm Paul, the owner of recipes365.net, I started this weblog recently to showcase a recipe a day everyday. I was wondering would you be interested to be a recipe contributor?

Regards. Paul.

Michele said...

Stephanie, I'm glad you enjoyed the recipes!

Paul, I sent you an email, thanks for the invite.