Mar 22, 2006

Changes

Life has been getting really hectic around our house lately and I'm starting to realize that I am going to have to cut back a bit on blogging in order to keep up with some other necessary things. So, I wanted to post about the changes I plan to make on my blog just in case you're interested :)

I'm am putting my newsletter on hold for now. I took down the subscription form and for current subscribers, I may send one out occasionally but not twice a month as I have been. Any new info I have will be posted to the blog only, so please visit often! I have all the feed subscription buttons up but for those without a feed reader I have added a Bloglet subscription box to receive updates by email.

I'm also putting my Monday Guest Bloggers event on hold for the time being.

I plan to post two to three times a week. Some weeks I may post more, other less, it just depends on the time I have available.

And finally, I wanted to comment on a question I have received several times in my email recently...

I continue to get the question "Why do you have ads on your blog... other people don't have them so why do you?" I have been told that my blog ads are annoying and some people have gone as far as telling me they won't return to my blog if I don't remove the ads. So here's my answer to that quesiton.

I have the ads on here because Blogger offers blog owners the option to place ads on their blogs and earn a small sum when people click on those ads. I also participate in affiliate programs when I find a product or service that I enjoy and want to share it with others. I don't see anything wrong with that. I happen to be one of those people who believes in free eneterprise. There are many bloggers who have ads on their blogs, I am not the only one. If my blog is offensive, I am sorry but you don't have to visit me here if you don't care for what I have to offer. There are many, many blogs and other websites that offer that same sort of information I have here with no ads to view.

I really want to thank those of you who visit regularly and post comments. I don't blog for the money, I started this blog for personal reasons and it has just grown from there. I enjoy doing it and have met so many nice people through my blog. Although there may be times like this where I have to cut back on posting I plan to continue posting as long as I have something to share (which I hope will be for the rest of my life!) So I hope you keep on visiting me and please comment often, I love to hear from you!

12 comments:

Fiber said...

I've enjoyed your blog over the past few months, and am looking forward to more great posts!

Hellin Heels said...

I am an avid reader of yours and fellow blogger. Free speech is a right held by everyone in this country. Keep on bloggin' baby! If people complain about the ads then they are just looking to complain- period.

Michele said...

fiber, thanks so much! I'm not going anywhere, that's for sure so drop by often! :)

sahm i am, Thanks for your nice comment, I really appreciate it!

Bryan said...

Keep the ads Michelle!! If readers don't like them .... TOUGH!! If they are that finicky let them start their own blog(s) ad free. I'm with you on the free enterprise thing. Chronic complainers aren't worth the concern.

Kalyn Denny said...

There is absolutely no reason to apologize in any way for ads on your blog. If people don't like the ads, they can just ignore them. Some people just want to get everything free and have others do all the work for them.

Canadian Baker said...

Don't worry about those people who don't like ads. They obviously have a problem with them in general, not your site. I started blogging recently and also have ads on my site just for experimentation and I certainly don't make any significant money off them. Blogging about food is fun and content is what really matters. Your site is great and I love how you've incorporated frugality into your blog. Keep up the good work and thank you for adding me to your blogroll. :)

Jen

Michele said...

Bryan, Kalyn and Jen, thank you all so much. I really appreciate those of you who visit me because you enjoy what I have to say! I love all three of your blogs and Jen I'm happy to have you on my blog roll.

Erika W. said...

Are people really that snarky?

Keep the ads, do what you want, and have fun with your blogging. What more do you need?

Michele said...

It's a shame Erika but they are... I've had several emails and "anonymous" comments which I chose not to post. But I know you're right! I'm going to keep at it and keep my ads ...I kinda like then ;)

Gregory Kohs said...

Just so you know, Bloglet seems to be breaking down and potentially shutting down service.

Other alternatives include Feedblitz and something called "Blogmail".

Good luck.

Michele said...

Thanks for the tip Gregory, I will look into it!

Patti said...

Continue to do what YOU want with YOUR blog Michele. Honestly, some people. I really enjoy your site.