May 2, 2006

Grocery Deal Day

A great website was brought to my attention today, Hillbilly Housewife. If you've never heard of this site, take a look! It is wonderful for those of us trying to keep our food costs down... lots of ideas, recipes and even menus and shopping lists!

Tonight for dinner we had tacos, homemade refried beans and calebacitas. I finally got a picture of the Calebacitas up, so take a peek! I have been making things to freeze or store in the fridge over the past couple of days. I made a batch of Sweet Potato Muffins, Homemade Baked Beans, Salsa (using my Pico De Gallo recipe and a blender) and Hummus... as well as the Egg Muffins leftover from yesterday so the next few day I will not have much to do in the kitchen. :)

I found a few good deals while out shopping today.

Roma tomatoes for 59 cents/lb. (I'm going to make roasted tomato sauce with these... my version of the recipe to come).

White bread (day old) 50 cents each.

Flatout flatbread 99 cents (also day old).

Tyson "Heat and Eat" chicken breasts $1 for a package of 2.

Hilshire Farm Lite Smoked Sausage for $1.

and a new product I have never seen before...

Duncan Hines Tres Leches Cake for $1.

Not a bad shopping day!

No comments: