May 30, 2006

Cucumber Salad

I got this recipe from a message board buddy and wow is it good! I added a few ingredients to suite my family's tastes. I think I could make a meal of this salad by itself!


Cucumber Salad

4 large cucumbers, peeled, quartered and sliced
2 scallions, diced
1/2 pint heavy cream (you may only need to use 1/2 of it)
white vinegar (or cider vinegar... whatever you have on hand)
salt
pepper
garlic powder
dill

In a bowl layer as follows:
1 cucumber, a sprinkle of scallions, a drizzle of cream, a drizzle of vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and dill to taste. Repeat with remaining cucumbers. Refrigerate at least one hour to allow flavors to develop.

7 comments:

Dawna said...

Michele, I use a similar recipe but with sour cream instead of regular cream. Now I want some!

Kalyn Denny said...

Sounds great. I like the sound of it.

Anonymous said...

That sounds yummy. I've been craving cucumbers and that sounds like an even better way to eat them!! Dawna, the sour cream sounds very good too. I usually always have sour cream on hand so I may have to give that a try.
Tammy

Deetsa said...

Isn't this recipe called Scandinavian Cucumbers? My mother serves this dish every now and then but with very thinly sliced rounds of cuke.

Michele said...

Dawna, I think the sour cream would be great! Plain yogurt probably would work really well too.

Tammy & Kalyn, it is SO GOOD!

Nerissa, I think it probably is called Scandinavian Cucumbers, tha lady who gave me the recipe called it Cucumber Salad... but no matter the name or the style of slicing it is so delicious! I think it will try the thin slices next time... yum!

PatL said...

Good cukes can taste amazingly good by themselves, but this sounds like a recipe worth trying with the store-bought kind. Thanks!

Jen said...

I can’t wait to try this recipe. I love cucumbers.