May 1, 2006

Egg Muffins

I saw this recipe on Cookin' With Cyndi and knew I had to try it! I made these tonight for dinner since my girls are not fond of spaghetti and that is what I had planned for tonight. The recipe originated at Kalyn's Kitchen and it was so easy to make! The girls loved it and there are leftovers to freeze which is an added bonus. You'll have to visit Cyndi for pics because my little ones attacked these before I could grab my camera.

Egg Muffins
(adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen - makes one dozen)

12 eggs
2 Tbsp. milk
1 1/2- 2 cups diced meat Canadian bacon, ham, sausage, etc.)
1 1/2- 2 cups grated cheese
1 Tbsp. dried diced shallots
1 tbsp. dried diced chives
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
dash of nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray. If using regular muffin pan, put two paper liners into each slot, then spray liner with nonstick spray. In the bottom of the muffin cups layer diced meat and shallots. You want the muffin cups to be 3/4 full, with just enough room to pour a little egg around the other ingredients. Beat eggs well with milk, spices and chives. Pour egg into each muffin cup until it is full to the brim, nearly overflowing. Bake 25-30 minutes until muffins have risen above the rim of the muffin cups and are slightly browned and set. These freezer well. For best results, thaw in refrigerator before microwaving. I like to wrap them in a paper towel when reheating in microwave to soak up some of the liquid that is sometimes released.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are great for breakfast on the go! Thanks for recipe! I like to mix & match so don't have the same thing every day. Make them up on Saturday or Sunday and there is a whole week's worth for the family.