On another note, if you're looking for some great healthy breakfast recipes, check out the Virtual Recipe club round-up for January at the Savory Notebook.
On to the menus...
- Crock Pot Chili (with some barley thrown in for extra health benefits), biscuits
- Salisbury Steak, green beans, mashed potatoes
- Chicken with Sate Seasoning (from Penzey's) .... I'll throw in some pineapple I have in the freezer and soy sauce too...who knows what else... LOL!, California Mix Veggies (frozen), Jasmine Rice (possibly with Curry Powder)
- BBQ chicken, Crock Pot Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob (frozen)
- Ground Turkey Shepherd's Pie (no recipe, just a *vision* I have :)
- Chili Mac
- Great Northern Beans, Collard Greens
- Turkey Burgers, leftover baked beans, chips
- Honey Dijon Chicken, homemade rice-a-roni (with chopped broccoli added in), leftover Northern Beans
- Pinto Beans, Corn Bread, rice
- A casserole I am envisioning with ground beef, bell pepper, sweet corn, brown rice, spinach, and cheese (we'll see how it turns out, LOL!)
- Tacos, Spanish rice, refried beans
Honey Dijon Chicken
4 Tbsp. olive oil
4 boneless-skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 medium Onion
3 cloves garlic
3 T. Dijon mustard
1/4 c. honey
1 c. chicken broth
1. Wash Chicken and butterfly it.
2. Slice Onions into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Chop garlic.
Butterfly your chicken breasts. Coat with think layer of flour. In a saute' pan, add olive oil over medium high heat. Add the floured chicken breast and cook on one side for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip. Add onions, garlic, and saute' for 3 to 4 minutes. Deglaze your pan with the chicken broth for about 1 minute. Add Dijon mustard and honey, stir all ingredients, and bring to a boil. Salt and Pepper to taste. Remove from heat and serve.