Honey Dijon Chicken
I just finished making up my menus for the next two weeks. I found a recipe for Dijon Chicken from Chef Bek and decided to change it a bit. I think this will work out great and will be a nice change of pace for us. Here's what I'm planning for the next two weeks along with the recipe. This is 12 days worth of menus allowing for leftovers on some nights.
On another note, if you're looking for some great healthy breakfast recipes, check out the Virtual Recipe club round-up for January at the Savory Notebook.
On to the menus...
- Crock Pot Chili (with some barley thrown in for extra health benefits), biscuits
- Salisbury Steak, green beans, mashed potatoes
- Chicken with Sate Seasoning (from Penzey's) .... I'll throw in some pineapple I have in the freezer and soy sauce too...who knows what else... LOL!, California Mix Veggies (frozen), Jasmine Rice (possibly with Curry Powder)
- BBQ chicken, Crock Pot Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob (frozen)
- Ground Turkey Shepherd's Pie (no recipe, just a *vision* I have :)
- Chili Mac
- Great Northern Beans, Collard Greens
- Turkey Burgers, leftover baked beans, chips
- Honey Dijon Chicken, homemade rice-a-roni (with chopped broccoli added in), leftover Northern Beans
- Pinto Beans, Corn Bread, rice
- A casserole I am envisioning with ground beef, bell pepper, sweet corn, brown rice, spinach, and cheese (we'll see how it turns out, LOL!)
- Tacos, Spanish rice, refried beans
Honey Dijon Chicken
4 Tbsp. olive oil
4 boneless-skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 medium Onion
3 cloves garlic
3 T. Dijon mustard
1/4 c. honey
1 c. chicken broth
1. Wash Chicken and butterfly it.
2. Slice Onions into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Chop garlic.
Butterfly your chicken breasts. Coat with think layer of flour. In a saute' pan, add olive oil over medium high heat. Add the floured chicken breast and cook on one side for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip. Add onions, garlic, and saute' for 3 to 4 minutes. Deglaze your pan with the chicken broth for about 1 minute. Add Dijon mustard and honey, stir all ingredients, and bring to a boil. Salt and Pepper to taste. Remove from heat and serve.