Jan 28, 2006

French Toast and Caramel Maple Syrup

I WISH I had a pic of this to share but my hungry hubby and kiddos dove in before I could grab the camera. :) I guess that is reason enough for anyone to try this recipe, they are picky eaters and all gave thumbs up to this creation!

This morning I walked sleepy-eyed into the kitchen wondering what to prepare for breakfast. I thought of French toast right away but was slightly dismayed at the nearly empty bottle of syrup in the cabinet. A little creativity and a couple of ingredients later we had the perfect solution!

French Toast

2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
dash salt
dash cinnamon
10 slices bread

Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and cinnamon i na bowl and whisk well. Heat canola oil or butter in a skillet on medium-high heat. dip each piece of bread in the milk mixture, allow excess to drip off and fry a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve with butter and Caramel Maple Syrup.

Caramel Maple Syrup

1/2 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. Dulce De Leche
2 Tbsp. sweetened condensed milk

Combine all in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat while stirring constantly. Store any extra in the refrigerator.

No comments: