Jul 16, 2005

Gotta Love Safeway :)

I must sound like a giddy child, LOL! I am still so excited about having our groceries delivered. I did really great this time! All food, paper goods, toiletries, diapers and cleaning supplies for $230. Food was $150 of that and I won't shop again for 2 more weeks.

Tonight I made a beef stir fry for dinner. My 5 yo loves vegetables (praise God!). I made the sauce myself, it was really good.

Stir Fry Teriyaki Sauce

1/4 c. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. corn starch
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
dash black pepper

Combine all ingredients. Stir fry lean beef or chicken strips in small amount of oil. Add frozen Japanese Mixture vegetables. Pour in sauce and cover a few moments to allow vegetables to steam. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

My boys love veggies too, and I thought they were just weird...

Michele said...

Not wierd, just advetureous! :0)