Here is a list of items I suggest that every frugal household should have on hand.
- A variety of pasta
- A variety of dry beans
- Corn meal
- Oatmeal (old fashioned or quick oats in a large canister, not the single serve packets)
- A wide variety of herbs and spices
- Canned and frozen vegetables
- Flavorings for baking such as vanilla and almond extract
- Powdered milk
- Pudding and Jello mixes
- Ramen Noodles and boxed maccaroni and cheese
- Condiments such as mayonaise, mustard, ketchup, barbecue sauce, soy sauce and hot sauce
- Pickles, olives, salsa and relish
- Tomato and pasta sauce
- Dry yeast
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Potatos, garlic and onions
The following items I always stock up on when they are on sale.
- Milk, Cheese, Bread and Meat - whatever I can fit in the freezer
- Frozen vegetables
- Canned goods
- Specialty items
- Goodies for the kids - I don't buy much convenience food but if it is on sale for a very good price I will buy things that the kids really enjoy.
If you keep your pantry well stocked then grocery shopping will be quicker, easier and much less expensive over all.