Sep 25, 2005

It's all in the soup!

It's been a slim week for groceries around here so I am in "soup mode"... meaning I am finding all I can that goes together to make a nice hearty soup for dinner. This is what I came up with for tonight... it's in the crock pot and smells heavenly! Think I'll bake a loaf of bread to go with it.

It's All In The Soup

6 c. water
1 can (14.5 oz) tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. each ham seasoning, beef bouillon granules, chicken bullion granules
1 c. Great Northern Beans, sorted, rinsed and soaked overnight
1/4 c. diced ham
1/2 lb. cooked ground beef
3 carrots, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 bag frozen spinach
1/4 c. barley
2 Tbsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. basil
1 bay leaf
drizzle of olive oil
1 C. cooked pasta

Add all to crock pot except pasta, allow to cook all day on low. Stir in pasta before serving. Sprinkle each bowl with Parmesan cheese before serving.

No comments: