Oct 16, 2007

Oatmeal Dinner Rolls


While blog hopping last night, I read on my buddy Paz's blog that today is World Bread Day. I had no idea such a day existed! :0) I decided right away that I must try a new bread recipe in honor of this special day ;0). This is one I have been wanting to try for some time now. I found the original recipe in Southern Living Magazine and modified it to fit what I had on hand and to work with a bread machine. These turned out fabulous!

Oatmeal Dinner Rolls

2 c. water
2 c. quick cooking oats
3 Tbsp. butter, softened
1/3 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 c. bread flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 tsp. quick rise yeast

Combine all ingredients in your bread maker in the order suggested in the manual. Select the DOUGH cycle. Divide dough into 16 equal pieces. Put into two greased 9-inch round cake pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes or into double in size. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.

8 comments:

C said...

YUM!

That's funny. I had no idea that was today either, but just put up tomorrow's post on baking bread! ha!

Anonymous said...

Scrumptious! Your dinner rolls look scrumptious! I'm glad you were able to participate with me. Yay!

Paz

zorra said...

Looks like a nice flower!
Thank you for participating in WBD.

Michele said...

Thanks so much everyone, they really were a hit here, we are going to bake more tomorrow!

Lien said...

Hi Michele I've baking these rolls this afternoon and they turned out really nice and fluffy!
http://notitievanlien.blogspot.com/2007/10/after-party-wereld-brood-dag.html Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Michele said...

Lien, I am so glad your enjoyed the recipe, your rolls look beautiful!

smokeybandit said...

These were quite good, although I had to bake them 25 minutes.

Anonymous said...

I just finished eating my first roll from this wonderful recipe. I am catering a ladies Bible Study luncheon next week and was looking for a great, easy roll recipe. Just found it. Thank you so much for making my life easier. The only thing I did different was brush with butter after baking. Ready for my 2nd roll!